Friday, October 2, 2009

Solange Knowles On Oprah

Photobucket


I absolutely love Oprah but seeing Solange and Chris Rock talk about hair on the show earlier this week was great. Solange talked about her new hair do (which made so much noise everywhere when she first chopped off all her hair) Solange says:

“Realistically I was spending about 40,000 dollars to 50,000 dollars a year and probably half of my life, I grew up in a hair salon, my mom owned a hair salon,” the Sun quoted her as saying.

“There was always this feeling of always wanting to be in the salon once or twice a week and I got a perm pretty early - I was four,” she said.

When she chopped off her locks earlier this year, she wrote on her Twitter page the reason for it.

“I just wanted to be free of the bondage that black women sometimes put themselves in with their hair,” she explained.

“This phase in my life I want to spend the time the energy and the money on something else and not in the hair salon,” she added.


-Mez

Finally, people there you have it, I wish for once people would stop putting so much emphasize on hair and what is good hair. Hair is just that hair. If you are more concerned about the grain of hair someone has rather than whats on their inside, that says a lot about you.

0 LEAVE ONE: