Saturday, September 26, 2009

Why Do We Cheat?

With my latest post about the Swizz Beatz/Alicia Keys and Mashonda situation (check out previous post for that story) it stir up many questions in my head. What drives someone to disrespect their vows, family, and themselves and have an affair? Is it that the person does not understand the importance and seriousness of the vows that they took? I mean you stood in front of God and a host of family and friends and committed to your vows. How dare you break them?
Which brings up the question why do people cheat? Is that people cheat simply out of selfishness? Or is that the relationship is lacking something? Is that its just sex? I honestly do believe that some people cheat just for the thrill as well. I guess it varies depending on the circumstance and relationship.
I had a boyfriend in high school who I just adored because he was a local deejay and got me into all the all ages club! (Haha) We were together for like 9 months and little did I know that Mr. Deejay had another girlfriend the entire time at his high school (we went to different high school). Though we were young, you couldn't tell me I wasn't so deep in love (ha later did I realize it was just a case of puppy love). He was cheating on me the ENTIRE time while he was with me! In my case, I honestly believe that he found some thrill in being able to juggle both me and the other girl at the same time.
So my advice to people, is if you feel that a relationship is lacking something or you just aren't in like/love with your significant other anymore, let them know before you decide to cheat. Yes, they will be hurt but you can save them from much more heartache.

-Mez

In case you were wondering Mr. Deejay and I have since remained very good friends. (So D if your reading this....its all love suga!! Lol)

2 LEAVE ONE:

Anonymous said...

While I'm not condoning cheating in any way or saying that one should completely disregard their wedding vows, from what I'm reading it appears that Swizz and his wife were separated prior to AK and Swizz starting any type of relationship.

MezmerEyezzeD said...

No they weren't separated. Swizz wife thought that everything was okay in her marriage.